Thursday, February 2, 2012

OYEA and The Spot Youth Center

Today was The Spot Youth Center's open house for donors and basic adult allies and I enjoyed myself. I gave some people tours and told them what OYEA is all about.
Compared to last year, I've come to really enjoy myself in OYEA. There are a lot more people involved and Mike Tran always keeps shit lively! Last year, I dreaded going to the meetings because only two or three, MAYBE FOUR people (if we were lucky) would show up. This year, there are a lot of funny and committed people in OYEA and I'm really happy that I've gotten comfortable around most of them.

The open house had a photo-booth so we took advantage of that shit. This is a picture of the girls in OYEA. We took a group picture with everyone from OYEA and Warriors For Peace (plus MIKE TRAN), but it hasn't been uploaded yet.

Good food, good people, and a beautiful sense of community!

No comments:

Post a Comment