Thursday, April 19, 2012

Prom is my thing?

Tonight was the Teacher Talent Show, and I must say, it was probably the best Teacher Talent Show to ever hit Skyline. I give much props to Ashanique for organizing the event and rallying up all the administrators and staff to participate! Class of 2012 made bank! Hella people showed up and it was definitely a must-see!

After the show, I congratulated Ashanique on organizing the show and she said she was really happy. The thing that got me nervous was when she said, "This was my thing, prom is your thing." After she said that I was like, AWWW SHIT! and I got hella nervous because yes, I've been very active in planning prom, but due to my own youth organizing, I've had to miss one crucial meeting and rely on my officers - the venue visits early last summer. I'm really nervous about the size of the venue for prom. It's MUCH smaller than last year's, but still very classy. I really hope everything goes well. I'm also nervous about the administrators' assertion of the "no dirty dancing" rule system. I know for a fact that dem flashlights can fasho ruin someone's night and who are they going to blame? Me.

Honestly, it's not about the venue, the DJ, or the dancing - prom is about spending time with friends and dressing up looking hella cute. But that's just me, to others, prom is a bunch of material things so I'm SUPER nervous.

May the force be with me, and opinions not kill me.

No comments:

Post a Comment