Sunday, March 3, 2013

satisfaction, guaranteed

So I mentor for a middle school mentorship at Helms Middle School in San Pablo called Let's Rise, and every time I go to mentorship, I have hope for the future of humanity. This past Friday, myself and another mentor did a workshop about LGBTQ awareness, and the responses we got were very powerful. There were times when I felt like the mentees already knew everything there was to know. Some of them were even comfortable enough to share their own personal stories and this is all from MIDDLE SCHOOL students.
The next day, we took them on a field trip to the Tech Museum in San Jose. They're so sweet and funny. I love all of them.
I guess all I'm trying to say is that I love the work I do. Let's Rise mentees are going to grow up to be beautiful people who do great things. <3 p="">

No comments:

Post a Comment